Thursday, August 16, 2018

Get-Set- Jaipur!

The best thing about staying in Delhi is that many of the holiday destinations are quite near. Like Agra, Jaipur, Nainital, Shimla or even the new weekend getaway McLeod Ganj. To me, the evergreen place to go away for a day or two has always been Jaipur. There is something soulful that keeps calling me back to that place. I have literally lost count of how many times I have visited Jaipur.

My last visit to Jaipur was just about shopping. I have always been in love with the beautiful sarees, lehengas, and amazing suits the city has to offer. Of course, everything is available in Delhi these days, but there is definitely some authenticity to what is available there. So I, along with my cousin left for Jaipur for shopping weekend on the early morning via Shatabdi train. The journey was pretty smooth and we reached Jaipur by afternoon. We got ourselves checked into The Ginger Hotel. We didn’t want to waste our time looking for a hotel. Rather, we were happy to be in one of the best hotels in Jaipur near the railway station.

Our two day stay in the hotel came out to be pretty fabulous, as the room was pretty good, the food was delicious, the service was of top class and the overall hospitality was worth the stay. Our shopping went way beyond that we had planned to do. But in the end, it was a very enjoyable experience to be in another city just for the sake of shopping and enjoying the stay in one of the amazing hotels in Jaipur.

No comments:

Post a Comment