Monday, November 22, 2021

Best thing one Hears in Katra....“Zor se Bolo! Jai Mata Di !”

657e8418780a11e7ad04025f77df004f.jpg
The heat starts to take its shape in Delhi, in the month of March. Plus my Mom had gotten one of her wishes fulfilled. So, indirectly or directly, everyone in the house, having their own ways of understanding, were trying to convey each other, that, it was the time for Vaishno Devi!

I am not much of a “God” person, but I like the whole pilgrim thing because of the journey. The 14km long trek may be immensely tiring, but the view and the air are fabulous. I am always up for Vaishno Devi Temple trip, basically for the trek.

So my parents and I reached Jammu by train. Of all the hotels in Jammu, the one that looked really good on the net and the one in which I booked the rooms for us was The Ginger Hotel. The rooms were too good. I got us a family room where there were two huge beds and all the amenities one could have in a hotel. Two facilities which are not so common in most hotels, and which really impressed me were the Ginger Mart and rooms for differently abled people.

The trek starts from Katra, which is basically 42km away from Jammu, we went there and started off with our trek. The trek, the view, the journey to God’s place was beautiful. We were lucky enough to have such a fine hotel in Jammu near the railway station. A little getaway from the city was a fun trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment